Tuesday, July 7, 2009

10pm scrappin

so at 10pm last night i decided to head down to the basement and scrapbook. a little late start but i still got 3 layouts done in 1 1/2 hours :) here is what i was able to accomplish....





Title: Sizzlin Summer
Journaling: one of the great things of having a summer baby is being able to hang out in just a diaper and seeing all that baby cuteness!
Supplies: Green pattern paper - MME "Bohemia" collection, White cardstock from my scraps pile, title sticker - Creative Memories, ribbons - offray, crochet flower - my mom!, circle and oval scallop punch - Marvy Uchida, scallop border - Stampin Up, button - unknown (just out of my button tin of random buttons i've collected), staple
this first page is really simple (well all my pages are.) i found a sheet of background paper and just went with it. the crocheted flower is one that my mom made me! i LOVE these and am trying not to hoard them. we saw them in the stampin up catalog last year and she said "oh I can make those!" and so she did!


Title: 4th of July
Journaling: Jordyn's first holiday! She even had a patriotic shirt to celebrate in :) My sweet American girl!
Supplies: Almost all supplies were from Stampin Up's "Creative License" Simply Scrappin Kit, except for Heidi Swap Ghost Stars, edge distressor, title stickers - Paper Studio, staples
This page came together VERY fast. I made the photo collage on Walmarts photo website awhile ago (SUPER easy way to get lots of pictures on one page!) Using the scrapping kit makes things so easy to pull together quick pages. After I had finished another page I came back to this one and I decided to add the ghost stars and staples for a little more "oomph."


Title: She loves them too
Journaling: Riley and Shannon adore thier little sister and live for the moments they can get her to smile. Each time Jordyn's face lights up, I know that.... (leads into title)
Supplies: Kraft Cardstock - Paper Studio, Pattern Papers - ugh! I don't remember! I think it was a big pack from walmart???, Letter Stickers - Paper Studio, white gel pen - Stampin Up (this is THE best white gel pen I have found and I've tried a lot!), mat pack and paper piercer - Stampin Up, Circle Scallop Punch - Marvy Uchida.
This is my personal favorite page from the night. I know I cased the layout design from a scrapbooking magazine (where i get most of my inspiration from) but i'm not sure which one! I think i just love the pictures. :) Using letter stickers made it go fast and the fact that I had preplanned the page (sketch, title, journaling) made it go quickly. I just had to pick the papers and crop my pictures down and then pull it all together. I love to preplan my pages... currently i have over 20 layouts preplanned and ready to get scrapped. I can sit upstairs with my family and design my pages by looking through magazines for ideas and then when i have a little time (like last night) the pages come together much faster! this system really works for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I {heart} your nice comments